Configure Outlook 2003
- Open Outlook 2003.
- Click the Tools menu and select E-mail Accounts….
- Click Add a new e-mail account and then click Next.
- Select POP3 or IMAP and click Next.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the “Email address:” field.
- Enter your username firstname.lastname@example.org in the “Account Name:” field.
- Enter your email password in the Password field.
- Enter your access domain in the “Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP) server:” field.
- Enter your access domain in the “Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:” field. To avoid common authentication issues with Outlook, we strongly advise using SSL and port 465 for SMTP connections.
Your access domain is used to allow SSL encryption for your email.
- Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings…
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.
- Make sure Use same settings as my incoming mail server is also checked.
- Click on OK.
- Click the Test Account Settings button and you should see all items with green check marks. Click Close to close the test window.
- Click Next to save your settings.
- Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the Setup Wizard.